Claro Top 10s
Claro cyclists did very well at the first NYMBO event of the year. Tim Evans was first Vet and first overall with 424 points. Adrian and Luke Parker were second overall and and first generation team with 415 points. Jemima Parker and Jo Anderson were first Ladies.
On Sunday Ruth Ker was 2nd lady and 9th overall on the Blue at Rivelin. Liz Potterton was 9th Lady on Green and Richard Corfield was 4th on Light Green.
YHOA League Presentation and Alistair Tinto Memorial event.
Mugs for the YHOA Superleague 2017, YHOA Urban League 2017, and YHOA Night League 2017/2018 will be available for winners, seconds and thirds in each class of the leagues. Mugs are only going to orienteers from YHOA clubs who have completed at least 2 league events. The full list of winners is on www.yhoa.org.uk. There is still one event to go in the Night League so places in that competition are not finalised yet. Mugs will be awarded at the EPOC Alistair Tinto memorial event on Jan 28 at Storthes Hall. This is also the YHOA Middle Distance Champs and the first YHOA Superleague event of 2018. Mugs go to winners, seconds and thirds from the leagues who go to the event on Jan 28. There will be a place near registration/download where those entitled to mugs should check in so that we know who is there to receive them. There are a number of Claros who have qualified for mugs so congratulations to them and one Claro who needs to race in the last race to qualify.
Don’t forget to renew your membership. It is now due. A number of regulars are still showing on the BOF lapsed members list.
- Wed 24 Jan – CLARO Local Winter Blues 2018 Black Swan Burn Bridge
- Sat 27 Jan – CLARO Junior League Hookstone Woods
- Sat 27 Jan – EBOR Regional YHOA NIght League Brayton Barff
- Sun 28 Jan – EPOC Regional Storthes Hall Alistair Tinto Memorial Event
- Sun 28 Jan – DVO Regional Eyam Moor and Bretton Clough
- Wed 31 Jan – AIRE Local Ben Rhydding and Ikley Moor Night Score
- Sun 4 Feb – AIRE Regional YHOA Superleague Calverley
- Wed 7 Feb – CLARO Local Winter Blues 2018 Central Harrogate
- Sun 11 Feb – LOC Regional NWOA Galoppen Black Beck Woods
- Sun 11 Feb – CLOK Regional Coate Moor
- Wed 14 Feb – AIRE Local Addingham Night Score
- Sat 17 Feb – NYMBO Winter series Kettlesing 2 hours score MTBO
- Sun 18 Feb – SYO Rgl YHOA Suplge Tankersley Entries close 4th Feb.
If you are aware of any events I have missed please drop me an e-mail at email@example.com
CLARO Junior League Event January 27th 2018
All club members should have had an email last Sunday requesting help for the junior event on the 27th January where we may have over 200 Junior Soldiers trying out Orienteering. Thank you for those who have volunteered so far, more volunteers would be welcome for a 2 hour shift between 10:00 and 14:00. If you can help please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are a club member and haven’t had the e-mail please can you advise as this means out contact system needs updating.
Winter Blues 2018
Richard Kirk has now found 6 volunteers for planning the next series of event in the winter starting this Wednesday. Next event is the 24th January form the Black Swan at Burn Bridge. Details are below and include a new location for what hopefully will be a delightful spring evening for the last of the series.
|Wed 24 Jan 18||S Harrogate||Susan Birtwistle|
|Wed 7 Feb 18||Centre/N Harrogate||Stephen Fry|
|Wed 21 Feb 18||Harrogate||Ruth Ker|
|Wed 7 Mar 18||Knaresborough||Rochester family|
|Wed 21 Mar 18||Pateley Bridge||Stan Appleton|