Claro News 13th February 2018
Claro Top 10s
The cold weather on Sunday seems to put a few people off running and riding but those who ventured out did the club proud. At CLOK’s event on Coate Moor Matthew Rochester was 2nd on Brown, Allen Barnes was 10th on Blue, Leo Hicks was 5th and Toby Rochester 6th on what looked to be a long orange, and Liz Rochester was 3rd on Yellow. This link on the CLOK newsletter shows what the map looked like in 1972.
Elsewhere Team Parker Pair MKII aka Luke and Adrian came second in the Mens pairs and 10th overall in the Open 5 event at Edale narrowly beating a current member of the senior MTBO squad , conditions were a light blizzard, they are currently 2nd in the series.
Next Saturday 17th February the NYMBO winter league event starts at the Queens Headin Kettlesing , this is a 2 hour score event and most of the riding will be on the network of local lanes, the planner has designed a course that will require some off road riding for those aiming for the win. Full details are on the NYMBO website here together with the blank map and details of how to order a coffee and bacon butty before the ride. Online Entry closes Wednesday 14th 23:59, EOD costs more.
- Wed 14 Feb – AIRE Local Addingham Night Score
- Sat 17 Feb – NYMBO Kettlesing 2 hours score MTBO Pre entry closes 14/2
- Sat 17 Feb – SROC Nthrn Night Champs Nicky Nook
- Sun 18 Feb – SYO Rgl YHOA Suplge Tankersley .
- Wed 21 Feb – CLARO Local Winter Blues Hornbeam Park
- Sun 25 Feb – EBOR Regional Bishop Wood
- Wed 28 Feb – BAOC MLN Woodthorpe ( York) Pre entry essential
- Wed 28 Feb – AIRE Local Leeds Night Score
- Sun 4 Mar – CLARO Regional Guisecliff
- Wed 7 Mar – CLARO Local Winter Blues Knaresborough
- Sat 10 Mar – NYMBO Winter series Hawes 2 hour score MTBO
- Sat 10 Mar – EBOR Local Clifton Backies
- Sun 11 Mar – SYO Regional Compass Sport Canklow
- Sat 17 Mar – CLARO Local Junior League Pinewoods
- Sun 18 Mar – LEI Major Midlands Champs Belvoir
- Wed 21 Mar – CLARO Local Spring Blues Pateley Bridge
If you are aware of any events I have missed please drop me an e-mail at email@example.com
Winter Blues 2018
Next event is the 21st February from The Park, Hornbeam Park Avenue Harrogate. Details are below and include a new location for what hopefully will be a delightful spring evening for the last of the series.
|Wed 21 Feb 18||Hornbeam Park||Ruth Ker|
|Wed 7 Mar 18||Knaresborough||Rochester family|
|Wed 21 Mar 18||Pateley Bridge||Stan Appleton|
Last price hike was Sunday 28th Jan. Entries close on the 25th February.
Compass Sport Trophy
All club members should have had an e-mail from Mike Hind about the Compass Sport Trophy on the 11th March at Canklow south of Rotherham. It would be nice to replicate our success of last year so please place the date in your diary and send Mike the following information
Your age class (e.g. W 55)
Your BO number (e.g. 286122)
Your SI dibber number
Don’t delay – do it NOW his e-mail is mike.hindATbtinternet.com ( you need to replace the AT with the symbol)
And the final is much closer than last year.
For those of you who don’t know what Mike looks like this picture arrived on our facebook page courtesy of the Penisula and Plains Orienteering team. Mike had entered their Summer Spring series whilst on his holidays , sadly results were not available as we went to press.