LOCKDOWN – 18 NOVEMBER EVENT – Will be an Individual MapRun due to new Lockdown Rules. The course will be released on Wednesday 18 November and made available for a week for you to complete in your own time.
BOF have confirmed that events can return to their pre-lockdown formats in December. Therefore our final LampO MapRun of this series will take place on Wednesday 9 December at 6.30pm. If you pre-entered the series, you can simply turn up on the night. If you’d like a run and haven’t entered yet, you can do so via Linda (see below).
This autumn series of 5 events will be staged to provide an event familiar in style to previous LampOs staged by Claro, however there are a number of changes that have been made to enable for us to conform to BO event guidelines in these Covid dominated times.
Please read these EVENT DETAILS to find out the event format and how to pre-enter.
- Entry by pre-entry only, entry limited to 30 starts.
- Juniors under 16 must be shadowed by an adult.
- 45 minute score event, lampposts as checkpoints.
- Choice of traditional ‘write down the lampost on a control card’ or use of MapRun App
- Start/finish in a large open space for distant starting.
- First event Wednesday 7th Oct, then an event every fortnight.
Under current Covid restrictions this LampO event has been replaced by a MapRun event that you can do at anytime from Wednesday 18/11/20. Anybody who wishes to run it as a normal paper control card event can do so by timing themselves and then submitting the answers to either David or Quentin.
- You do not need to pre-enter to take part in this MapRun.
- The map will be available for download from HERE on Monday evening. You will need to print off your own copy.
- You will need to download the event before you run, it is called RiponNorth. You can either download it when in Ripon via the ‘Events Near Me’ button or beforehand via the ‘Select Event’ button. In the latter case you will find the event by stepping through the UK then NorthYorkshire then Ripon folders. The PIN protecting this event will be removed at 4am on Wednesday morning.
Car parking is available free on a 2 hour disc in Allhallowgate & Victoria Grove near the start & will be free in Council car parks until end of lockdown on 2 Dec.
Terrain is streets & footpaths some footpaths are unsurfaced but normal trainers should suffice.
All controls are lampposts or lamps fixed high on building walls, some of which are private so do not have council numbers.
- It is the same format as previous event in the LampO series, 45 minute score, 20 points per control with a 10points penalty for every minute or part of over 45 minutes.
- This activity take place on streets, footpaths and open public areas. You are responsible for your own safety while taking part. It is advised that under 16s are accompanied by an adult however this is not a BOF registered event so you participate at your own choice
- Respect covid guidelines.
- For the purposes of the LampO series, results completed between 18/11 and 25/11 inclusive will be noted.
|Date||Venue||GR||Post Code||Organiser||Combined Results||
MapRun Results & Tracks
|7 Oct||The Stray, Harrogate||SE315555||HG1 4ST||Quentin Harding||Results||HarrogateSE||Tracks|
|21 Oct||Hall Lane, Bilton||SE306573||HG1 3BN||Linda Kelly||Results||HarrogateBilton||Tracks|
|4 Nov||Kairos Hall, Harlow Terrace||SE295547||HG2 0PQ||Ruth Ker||Results||HarrogateNW||Tracks|
INDIVIDUAL MAPRUN see notes above
Victoria Grove, Ripon
|SE313713||HG4 1AG||David Day||Results||
Available 4am 18/11/20
|Postponed to 9 Dec||Knaresborough Pool||SE353567||HG5 8EB||John Lebeter|
The MapRuns are protected by a PIN that will be made available at Pre-Start.
Entry to the events is by pre-entry only via the following Google form. There will be a limit of 30 entries allowed to ensure that spacing can be maintained. Entry needs to be made before 5pm on the Monday before the event if entering events individually.
The events can be entered individually at a cost of £3 per event OR you can enter all 5 events at once for £10:
The full name and contact phone number for each competitor is required and may be shared with NHS Test and Trace.
Payment preferably by bank transfer to the following account:
Account Name: Claro Orienteering Club BIA
Sort code: 30 93 91
Account No: 00419604
Reference: LampO and Surname