Claro Top 10s
Well done to the Claro Podiums this week. At the Swinsty Event, Luke Parker was a comendable 3rd on the Brown course, Alex Robinson was 1st and Matthew Rochester 2nd on Green, Liz Rochester was 1st on Yellow.
Also well done to the first class teams who put on another seamless event at Swinsty despite some last minute challenges. Full results are here. Better just check if that lost compass isn’t yours.
- Wed 22 Nov – AIRE Night Score league Chapel Allerton
- Sat 25 Nov – CLARO Junior League 2 Hookstone Woods
- Sat 25 Nov – SYO Level C Night Orienteering Ecclesall Woods
- Sun 26 Nov – SYO Level C Ecclesall Woods
- Wed 29 Nov – MLN Laver Banks Ripon Entry closes Tuesday 28th
- Wed 29 Nov – CLARO Autumn Leaves 6 Harrogate Town Centre
- Sat 2 Dec – CLOK Local Autumn League Yarm School
- Sun 3 Dec – AIRE Level C Middleton Woods Ikley
- Sun 3 Dec – PFO Level C Tockholes
- Sun 3 Dec – NOC Level C Nottingham Urban
- Wed 6 Dec – AIRE Baildon Night Score
- Sat 9 Dec – NYMBO winter league round 2 Thornton Watlass
- Sat 9 Dec – HALO YHOA night League Level C Beverley Westwood
- Sun 10 Dec – HALO Level C Beverley Westwood
- Sun 10 Dec – DVO Level B Eyam Moor and Bretton Clough
- Sun 10 Dec – CLOK Level C Cod Beck
- Wed 13 Dec – AIRE Night Score Guisley and Tranmere Park
- Sun 17 Dec – SYO Level C Totley and Blacka Moor YHOA Suoer league
- Sat 23 Dec – EPOC Level C Ogden water YHOA Night League
- Sun 24 Dec – EPOC Ogden Christmas Score event
If you are aware of any events I have missed please drop me an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Membership and JK2018
You may wonder why these are linked. In the November edition of the BOF e-news there was a reminder that your membership is due for renewal. Please remember to renew as soon as possible; the first price hike for JK2018 is the 17th December and I think you need to have renewed your membership to enter. You did in previous years. Details are here.
Autumn Leaves 2017 and Winter Blues 2018
The last of the current series is on Wednesday 29th November starting from the Tap on Tower Street HG1 1HS for what promises to be a fast and furious event round the town centre and the street to the east of the centre towards Christ Church Stray. Full details are here. Registration is from 6:15pm mass start at 6:30pm. Cost is £2 Senior £1 Junior, HV /reflective clothing must be worn, torch essential along with pen/pencil. Can we beat the last 2 events’ record turnouts?
Richard Kirk is now looking for volunteers for planning the next series of event in the winter. These are ever so easy to plan; Vince has written some excellent instructions on the web and all those who have done before will be happy to provide advice. Richard can be contacted by e-mail at: