Claro Top 10s and Compass Sport Trophy
At the Compass Sport event at Canklow Luke Fry was 3rd on Orange, Ruth Ker was 5th on Blue Women, Lois Parker was 6th on Junior Women Short Green with Tamsin Ker 9th, Luke Parker was 7th on Short Brown. Overall Claro were 3rd just 4 points behind NATO. Congratulations to EPOC the Trophy heat winners, Luke Fry our only Category winner and all the other 24 Claros who ran in the event.
On Saturday a number of Claros braved the weather and ventured to the final event of the NYMBO winter series in Hawes. The weather thankfully held during the morning, Tim Evans was 3rd and 1st V50, David Day was 7th and 2nd M70
- Sun 18 Mar – LEI Major Midlands Champs Belvoir
- Wed 21 Mar– AIRE Leeds City Urban. Pre-entry only by 15/3
- Wed 21 Mar – CLARO Local Spring Blues Pateley Bridge Note 7pm start
- Sat 24 Mar – EBOR Local Huntington
- Sun 25 Mar – CLOK National Boltby Forest and Dale Town Moor
- Sun 25 Mar – MDOC National Macclesfield Urban
- Fri 30-Mon2 Apr – JK West Midlands
- Sat 7 Apr – PFO Regional Calf Hey
- Sun 8 Apr – AIRE Regional Baildon Moor
- Sat 14 Apr – LOC National Graythwaite Newby Bridge
- Sun 15 Apr – EPOC Regional Brighouse and Rastrick Urban
- Sun 15 Apr – LOC National Lingmoor Ambleside
- Sun 15 Apr – DVO Regional Hardwick Hall
- Sat 21 Apr – HALO UKOL Thirsk Urban Entries close 8/4
- Sun 22 Apr – EBOR Northern Championships WassEntries close 8/4
If you are aware of any events I have missed please drop me an e-mail at email@example.com
Winter Blues 2018
The last event of the series is next Wednesday 21st March. Meet at Nidd Walk car park, just on the north side of the main river bridge.OS99/158656 or HG3 5NA in Pateley Bridge. Details are below for what hopefully will be a delightful spring evening. Note the start time of 7 pm to allow travel from Harrogate Food afterwards in the Crown.
|Wed 21 Mar 18||Pateley Bridge||Stan Appleton|
The Northern Champs is being hosted by EBOR in Wass Forest on 22 April. There is a supporting Urban event hosted by HALO in Thirsk on the previous day 21 April. Both are UKOL events. Details can be found on EBOR and HALO websites. Entries are via Fabian4. Both organisers need more helpers and I hope that some CLARO members will be willing to offer some help. If you are going to either or both events and you can help, prices for seniors with a helper discount code drop from £10 to £4 (Thirsk) and £17 to £10 (Wass). For the Northern Champs, organiser Mike Ridealgh particularly needs helpers for the second shift – run first and help later. Ken Hutson is the Thirsk organiser. For the helper discount code and to let organisers know of your helping preferences, please contact them directly by email – firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. The 3 CLARO members who have already entered can get a refund equivalent to the discount if they contact the organisers and are willing to help. Please volunteer if you can.