Claro top 10s
Claro runners were in action over the weekend. Those that ventured North to CLOKs event seem to have fared better than those that ventured South to the SYO event. At Hutton Lowcross Emma McAnaw was 3rd Lady on Blue and David Day was 5th Man. At Grimethorpe Sharon Bowes was 4th lady on Green.
Meanwhile, at the Canterbury Park Run, Edwyn Oliver-Evans was 1st home and in the BAOC event at Richmond Ruth Ker was first Woman, Allen Barnes was first M75 and Jackie Barnes first W70.
- Sun 6 May – AIRE Regional Kippax Urban ( part of YUL)
- Wed 9 May– AIRE Local Spring League Golden Acre Park
- Sat 12 May– CLARO Junior league Jacob Smith Park
- Sat 12 May – EBOR Local Scarborough Scamper
- Sun 13 May– EPOC Regional Oakwell Hall Yvette Baker heat ( EOD available for none Yvette Baker runners)
- Wed 16 May– BAOC Woodthorpe
- Wed 16 May – CLARO Spring Flowers 3 Killinghall Moor
- Sat 19 May – NYMBO MTBO round 2 Nidderdale 4 hour Score
- Sun 20 May – PFO Regional Brun Valley
- Sun 27 May – CLARO Regional Knaresborough Urban
- Mon 28 May – EBOR Regional York Urban Entries close 20/5 limited EOD
- Wed 30 May – CLARO Local Spring Flowers Harlow Hill
- Sat 2 Jun – AIRE Regional Skipton Part of YUL
- Sun 3 Jun – AIRE Regional Kilnsey Part of Yorkshire Superleague
If you are aware of any events I have missed please drop me an e-mail at email@example.com
Spring Flowers 2018
No sooner have the winter blues subsided that we start to think of the next series of events the Spring Flowers. These will be like last year with limited SI boxes. We are also looking to have a meet up after each event. If you missed the first events results are here. The Next event is Wednesday 16th May at Killinghall Moor.
3 16 May 18 Killinghall Moor, Harrogate Allen Banister
4 30 May 18 Harlow Hill, Harrogate Tim Evans
5 13 June 18 Conyngham Hall, Knaresborough Toby & Liz Rochester
6 27 June 18 Brimham Rocks Liz Potterton
British Mixed Sprint Relays
NATO are organising 2 events on the 9th and 10th June in Morpeth details are here. The first event is on Saturday afternoon and is the British mixed sprint relay. We already have one team and we would like a few more, teams are of 3 people and must have at least one man and one woman. If you are interested please can you e-mail Ruth so she can collate teams. As agreed at the latest committee meeting the club will contribute to the entry fee.
Event Safety Workshop.
We are running another event safety workshop on the 23rd May and have space for a few more volunteers. British Orienteering require that anyone who plans, organises or controls an event has to have attended this course. The course lasts about 3 hours and is a lifetime award so you don’t need to renew, so if you are thinking of planning a lamp-o or one of the spring flowers you would need to have attended one of these workshops. If you are interested please contact Vince or Tim.
Club members who knew Colin will be saddened to hear that he passed away this Monday, following a serious heart attack. Colin moved to us from DVO in 2013 and helped control and plan a number of events including the Compass Sport event at Guiscliff. Colin was previously a member of AIRE before CLARO formed and he moved south through work in the 1980’s. Our thoughts are with Jacqui his wife and the rest of his family.
Kendal Mountain Film Festival
Some of you may recall the event that was cancelled due to the snow, this has now been rearranged for Thursday 17th May at Ashville school details are here.