Claro News 8th February 2018
Claro Top 10s
Some excellent runs this weekend at Calverley Woods. Ruth Ker was 1st Woman on Green ( there weren’t any men in front of her either) with Lois Parker 3rd Woman. On Black Luke Parker was 7th. On Brown Adrian Parker was 6th and Will Drewe 8th .
We also had an international podium with David Day appearing on the second step at the Madeira 3 days , thanks to Guy Goodair for the photo, you can read Guy’s write up on the EPOC epistle here.
Next Saturday 17th February the NYMBO winter league event starts at the Queens Head in Kettlesing , this is a 2 hour score event and most of the riding will be on the network of local lanes, the planner has designed a course that will require some off road riding for those aiming for the win. Full details are on the NYMBO website here and the blank map and details of how to order a coffee and bacon butty before the rider will appear over the weekend .
- Sun 11 Feb – LOC Regional NWOA Galoppen Black Beck Woods
- Sun 11 Feb – CLOK Regional Coate Moor
- Wed 14 Feb – BAOC MLN Cod Beck Pre entry essential
- Wed 14 Feb – AIRE Local Addingham Night Score
- Sat 17 Feb – NYMBO Winter series Kettlesing 2 hours score MTBO
- Sat 17 Feb – SROC Nthrn Night Champs Nicky Nook
- Sun 18 Feb – SYO Rgl YHOA Suplge Tankersley .
- Wed 21 Feb – CLARO Local Winter Blues Hornbeam Park
- Sun 25 Feb – EBOR Regional Bishop Wood
- Wed 28 Feb – BAOC MLN Woodthorpe ( York) Pre entry essential
- Wed 28 Feb – AIRE Local Leeds Night Score
- Sun 4 Mar – CLARO Regional Guisecliff
- Wed 7 Mar – CLARO Local Winter Blues Knaresborough
- Sat 10 Mar – NYMBO Winter series Hawes 2 hour score MTBO
- Sat 10 Mar – EBOR Local Clifton Backies
- Sun 11 Mar – SYO Regional Compass Sport Canklow
- Sat 17 Mar – CLARO Local Junior League Pinewoods
If you are aware of any events I have missed please drop me an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Winter Blues 2018
Next event is the 21st February from The Park, Hornbeam Park Avenue Harrogate. Details are below and include a new location for what hopefully will be a delightful spring evening for the last of the series.
|Wed 21 Feb 18||Hornbeam Park||Ruth Ker|
|Wed 7 Mar 18||Knaresborough||Rochester family|
|Wed 21 Mar 18||Pateley Bridge||Stan Appleton|
Last price hike was Sunday 28th Jan. Entries close on the 25th February.
Compass Sport Trophy
All club members should have had an e-mail from Mike Hind about the Compass Sport Trophy on the 11th March at Canklow south of Rotherham. It would be nice to replicate our success of last year so please place the date in your diary and send Mike the following information
Your age class (e.g. W 55)
Your BO number (e.g. 286122)
Your SI dibber number
Don’t delay – do it NOW his e-mail is mike.hindATbtinternet.com ( you need to replace the AT with the symbol)
And the final is much closer than last year.
Claro Facebook Page
Those of you on Facebook will have noticed that the Claro Orienteer has finally retired and his/her replacement the Claro Orienteeering club page is now our presence on Facebook.