Joining Claro is very easy. Usually, club membership across the country is co-ordinated through British Orienteering, who collect and register the necessary details and pass them on to the club (but see NEWCOMERS below). The membership fee is split between the club and British Orienteering.
NEWCOMERS – FIRST YEAR FREE – Our current club policy is to give free membership for the first year (or part year) to anyone new to orienteering. We waive the club fee and the club submits your application and pays the British Orienteering fee for you. Note that this does not apply to existing members of British Orienteering changing clubs. If you are interested then email us at email@example.com.
OTHERS – If you are not new to orienteering, the best way is to join online here or go to the British Orienteering site (although you can join by post).
Simply select CLARO from the drop down list. The page will select YHOA as the area. Just add your desired membership grade (Senior / Junior / Family), Submit, fill in your details, pay and you are done.
The fees for 2017 are:
For Family membership it calculates the fee based on family members.
For that small sum you get:
- Your British Orienteering membership number and electronic card
- British Orienteering insurance at events
- British Orienteering’s electronic magazine
- Eligibility to compete in events across the country, including the British Championships
- Entry into the National Rankings (aged 16 and above)
- Participation in Claro events, activities and social programme
- The right to compete in Club colours and represent the Club at events
If you have any questions, then contact