Claro Top 10s
No local races this weekend. The only result I have found was for Ruth Ker who was the fastest on the voided Edinburgh city race despite losing her dibber and having to go back to relocate it. The race was voided due to ice on the course you can see some on Anthony Udris’s headcam video here.
YHOA League Presentation and Alistair Tinto Memorial event.
Mugs for the YHOA Superleague 2017, YHOA Urban League 2017, and YHOA Night League 2017/2018 will be available for winners, seconds and thirds in each class of the leagues. Mugs are only going to orienteers from YHOA clubs who have completed at least 2 league events. The full list of winners is on www.yhoa.org.uk. There is still one event to go in the Night League so places in that competition are not finalised yet. Mugs will be awarded at the EPOC Alistair Tinto memorial event on Jan 28 at Storthes Hall. This is also the YHOA Middle Distance Champs and the first YHOA Superleague event of 2018. Mugs go to winners, seconds and thirds from the leagues who go to the event on Jan 28. There will be a place near registration/download where those entitled to mugs should check in so that we know who is there to receive them. There are a number of Claros who have qualified for mugs so congratulations to them and one Claro who needs to race in the last race to qualify.
Don’t forget to renew your membership. It is now due. A number of regulars are still showing on the BOF lapsed members list.
- Wed 24 Jan – CLARO Local Winter Blues 2018 Black Swan Burn Bridge Road from A61 closed
- Sat 27 Jan – CLARO Junior League Hookstone Woods
- Sat 27 Jan – EBOR Regional YHOA NIght League Brayton Barff
- Sun 28 Jan – EPOC Regional Storthes Hall Alistair Tinto Memorial Event On line entry closed
- Wed 31 Jan – AIRE Local Ben Rhydding and Ikley Moor Night Score
- Sun 4 Feb – AIRE Regional YHOA Superleague Calverley
- Wed 7 Feb – CLARO Local Winter Blues 2018 Central Harrogate
- Sun 11 Feb – LOC Regional NWOA Galoppen Black Beck Woods
- Sun 11 Feb – CLOK Regional Coate Moor
- Wed 14 Feb – AIRE Local Addingham Night Score
- Sat 17 Feb – NYMBO Winter series Kettlesing 2 hours score MTBO
- Sat 17 Feb – SROC Nthrn Night Champs Nicky NookOnline cheaper till 3/2
- Sun 18 Feb – SYO Rgl YHOA Suplge Tankersley Entries close 4th Feb.
- Wed 21 Feb – CLARO Local Winter Blues Hornbeam Park
- Sun 25 Feb – EBOR Regional Bishop Wood
If you are aware of any events I have missed please drop me an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
Winter Blues 2018
Richard Kirk has now found 6 volunteers for planning the next series of event in the winter starting this Wednesday. Next event is the 24th January form the Black Swan at Burn Bridge. Details are below and include a new location for what hopefully will be a delightful spring evening for the last of the series.
|Wed 24 Jan 18||S Harrogate||Susan Birtwistle|
|Wed 7 Feb 18||Centre/N Harrogate||Stephen Fry|
|Wed 21 Feb 18||Harrogate||Ruth Ker|
|Wed 7 Mar 18||Knaresborough||Rochester family|
|Wed 21 Mar 18||Pateley Bridge||Stan Appleton|
The next price hike is Sunday 28th Jan. Save yourselves £6 for the 3 entries by getting your entries in now.
Compass Sport Trophy
All club members should have had an e-mail from Mike Hind about the Compass Sport Trophy on the 11th March at Canklow south of Rotherham. It would be nice to replicate our success of last year so please place the date in your diary and send Mike the following information
Your age class (e.g. W 55)
Your BO number (e.g. 286122)
Your SI dibber number
Don’t delay – do it NOW his e-mail is mike.hindATbtinternet.com ( you need to replace the AT with the symbol)
And the final is much closer than last year.