Joining Claro is very easy. Club membership across the country is co-ordinated through British Orienteering, who collect and register the necessary details and pass them on to the club. The membership fee is split between the club and British Orienteering.
The best way is to join online here. You can alternatively go to the British Orienteering site, or join by post.
Simply select CLARO from the drop-down list. The page will automatically select YHOA (Yorks & Humbs Orienteering Association) as the association. Just add your desired membership grade (Senior / Junior / Family). Then submit the information, fill in your details, pay, and you are done!
The fees for 2022 are:
The Family membership fee is automatically calculated once you input the number of senior (max 2) and junior members there are going to be in the household, based on the above rates.
Benefits of membership include:
- Your British Orienteering membership number and electronic membership card
- Eligibility to compete in all grades of events across the whole country
- British Orienteering public liability insurance at all events
- British Orienteering’s monthly member newsletter
- Inclusion in the National Rankings (aged 16 and above)
- Participation in Claro events, activities and social programme
- The right to compete in Club colours and represent the Club at events
- Discounts negotiated with some retail organisations.
If you have any questions, then contact