Claro top 10s
Claro Runners have been competing afar in the last 2 weeks. Over the weekend in Balmoral at the British Champs, and for some reason the Queen wasn’t there to welcome them, Ruth Ker was 10th on W50L, Mike Hind was 19th on M65L and Liz Potterton was 24th on W60L. Combined as Claro’s Scottish Adventurers they were 19th in the Ad-Hoc class on Sundays relays.
Meanwhile, on eerily quiet roads on Saturday at the 4hr NYMBO from Grewelthorpe, despite a lacklustre start Tim Evans was 3rd V50 and 5th Overall, Adrian Parker was 9th V40 and Jemima Parker and Jo Anderson were 2nd W50. On Sunday Jackie Barnes was 7th on Short Green on the PFO event at Brun Valley. At the BAOC event at Woodthorpe Ruth Ker was 1st Woman and 2nd O/A on the Light Green
The previous week Tim Evans was at the annual MTBO camp in Denmark, his best results were 9th M55 in Camp Cup race 3 and 16th overall in the Hoker the final ultra long race. The picture is from the crying mile. This event had 20 controls a course length of 1 mile and a map scale of 1:1666, this was part of the evening entertainment.
Knaresborough Town Centre Race Sunday 27th May
CLARO are organising an Urban event this Sunday starting from Henshaws, where I am advised there is also an excellent Cafe. Ruth Ker has planned some excellent courses. A newly updated map at 1:4,000 has been prepared with additional parts of the town centre and Conyngham Hall that have not been used before. There are excellent opportunities for off-road junior courses. This event has a castle, river, railway, bridges, ginnels, steps…… Full details are on the website here. I hope to see many of you there.
- Sun 27 May – CLARO Regional Knaresborough Urban
- Mon 28 May – EBOR Regional York Urban Entries close 20/5 limited EOD
- Wed 30 May – CLARO Local Spring Flowers Harlow Hill
- Sat 2 Jun – AIRE Regional Skipton Part of YUL On-Line entry closes 27/5
- Sun 3 Jun – AIRE Regional Kilnsey Part of Yorkshire SuperleagueOn-Line entry closes 27/5
- Wed 6 Jun– AIRE Local Pool Bank Quarrys
- Sat 9 Jun – EBOR local Strensall West
- Sat 9 Jun – NATO British Mixed sprint relays Interest to Ruth see below
- Sun 10 Jun–SYO Regional Sandall Beat
- Sun 10 Jun – NATO National Morpeth Urban Entries close 2/6
- Wed 13 Jun – CLARO Local Spring Flowers Conyngham Hall
- Sat 16 Jun – NYMBO Kildale 3hr Score
- Sat 16 Jun – CLARO Junior League Valley Gardens
- Sun 17 Jun – EBOR Regional White Horse YHOA Superleague
- Sun 17 Jun – DVO Regional Stanton Moor
- Wed 20 Jun – AIRE Local Burley in Wharfedale
- Sat 23 Jun – HALO Cleethorpes and Louth Sea Sand and Spires
- Sun 24 Jun– PFO MTBO Rossendale Quarries Sprints
- Sun 24 Jun – CLOK Coatham Wood O-Cross
If you are aware of any events I have missed please drop me an e-mail at email@example.com
British Mixed Sprint Relays
NATO are organising 2 events on the 9th and 10th June in Morpeth details are here. The first event is on Saturday afternoon and is the British mixed sprint relay. We already have one team and we would like a few more, teams are of 3 people and must have at least one man and one woman. If you are interested please can you e-mail Ruth so she can collate teams. Entries close 3rd June. As agreed at the latest committee meeting the club will contribute to the entry fee.
Spring Flowers 2018
No sooner have the winter blues subsided that we start to think of the next series of events the Spring Flowers. These will be like last year with limited SI boxes. . We are also looking to have a meet up after each event. The Next event is Wednesday 30th May at Harlow Hill.
4 30 May 18 Harlow Hill, Harrogate Tim Evans
5 13 June 18 Conyngham Hall, Knaresborough Toby & Liz Rochester
6 27 June 18 Brimham Rocks Liz Potterton